Treasure Chest Fest will happen at Green Flash on Saturday, September 7th, and you have a chance to win a pair of tickets on Friday! The festival will feature new and rare craft beers with the perfect food pairings. All proceeds from ticket sales are donated to Komen for the Cure San Diego. See the bottom of this post for information on how to win tickets to this great event.
GET A TICKET THEN RAISE A GLASS TO FIND A CURE!
Here’s the official blurb:
This is Green Flash’s largest and most anticipated rare beer event of the year. For the 3rd year in a row, Treasure Chest Fest serves as a fundraiser for local charity: Susan G Komen for the Cure San Diego.
As part of the ongoing Green Flash commitment to host events that offer an elevated craft beer experience, this year’s Treasure Chest Fest features several noteworthy highlights that will make for a most memorable celebration of craft beer and local food. This year Green Flash is taking the ‘fest indoors, allowing attendees a behind-the-scenes chance to sample from an exceptional lineup of their rare, specialty, cask and barrel aged beers against a backdrop of brewing equipment. Green Flash has also hand-selected some of their favorite local restaurants to develop perfect food pairings that work well with the featured beers.
The event also marks the 1st-time ever national debut of Treasure Chest 2013’s beer release: A Belgian-Style Brown*
The much-anticipated annual craft beer festival will feature a stellar lineup of rare limited and specialty Green Flash, with limited, rare and specialty beers including:
· Little Freak
· Super Freak
· Silva Stout
· Flanders Sour Red Ale
· Barrel Aged Barleywine
· Barrel Aged Linchpin IPA
· Green Bullet
· Symposium IPA
Special Cask-Tappings Include:
· Rayon Vert w/ blackberry
· Rayon Vert w/ peach
AND MORE –
Surprise Casks Tapped All Day!
Pin Up Gals – Outfitted by local designer, Fables by Barrie – a bevy of pin up gals will be on hand (in keeping with the theme) create the perfect photo opp in the brewery.
New this year:
Food Pairings: Green Flash has invited local restaurants to partner with donated food pairings for each rare featured beer – the lineup of participating food purveyors (to date) includes:
· A MIHO Experience
· Sublime Tavern
· URBN Coal Fired Pizza
· URGE Gastropub
· Iowa Meat Farm Seisel’s Meats
· Sweet Vybz Cupcakes
· The Lodge at Torrey Pines
· Wich Addiction
· AND MORE TO COME
Meet the Brewers: Brewmaster, Chuck Silva and the crew will be on site to chat about the beers being poured
ALSO: $1 from each full pour sold at the Tasting Room bar will be donated Susan G Komen for the Cure San Diego.
100% of the proceeds from FEST ticket sales will be donated to Susan G Komen for the Cure San Diego.
Green Flash Brewing Co | 6550 Mira Mesa Blvd (at Flanders Drive) | San Diego, CA 92121
· Event Will Take Over Entire Brewery Interior, Tasting Room & Beer Garden
· THE FACILITY WILL BE OPEN SOLELY TO TICKET-HOLDERS
Saturday September 7th, 2013 | 12pm – 4pm
· Early Bird Tickets: are available NOW UNTIL MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY, SEPT 6TH for $25 via EventBrite as well as in the Mira Mesa Tasting Room (General Admission)
· NEW: “Upgrade Your Fest”: Score 5 MORE Rare Beer Tasting Tickets for $15 in advance via EventBrite
· AT THE DOOR: General Admission is $35 with Upgrade Option for $20 on Day-Of Fest
· General Admission Includes: Festival Access, 10 Beer Tasting Tickets, Food Pairings and 2013 Treasure Chest Commemorative Pint Glass
· Tasting Room Open to Ticket Holders Only: $1 per full pour of beer sold during fest donated to Komen For the Cure San Diego
· PARKING WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE BREWERY PARKING LOT, AND IN SURROUNDING LOTS AS DESIGNATED BY SIGNS – AS WELL AS ON FLANDERS DRIVE AND ALONG TOP GUN STREET.
· Must be 21+ to attend with valid ID to enter
*About the Beer: Treasure Chest 2013 – Belgian-Style Brown Ale
“Belgian Brown Ale is a rare beer style these days and we miss having it around to quaff freely so we’re bringing it back this year as our Treasure Chest 2013 release. Belgian specialty malts, Biscuit and Special B are used in concert with British Crystal to enhance the depth of malt flavor and aroma. Styrian Golding is the hop of choice to add pizzazz to an otherwise fruity and malty beverage. Fermenting this malt and hop combination with traditional Trappist yeast gives the beer its unique Belgian, fruity flare and luscious ale qualities.” 5.7% ABV
Grab some tickets and come enjoy an awesome day of craft beer and fighting cancer!
Here’s how to win tickets:
Green Flash will choose a winner Friday evening, the prize is a pair of tickets to the event!